The Lean IT masterclasses are optional, descriptions are below. Only add 700 euros to the conference rate to attend the training. The price includes training + lunch break.
Location: Espaces Diderot, 10 rue Traversière, Paris 12th arrondissement, at the summit venue.
Timing: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Program Description: The most difficult step to take in a Lean IT transformation (be it agile, DevOps, service management, etc.) is the very first one. Organizations fall into the trap of learning lean concepts and talking about the possibilities, but the initial excitement fades and the transformation never gets off the ground. Lack of alignment to organizational purpose, inability to figure out where to start, and fear of making mistakes all conspire to keep companies from ever getting started in the first place.
This one day workshop, based on the book, The Lean IT Field Guide by Mike Orzen and Tom Paider, will provide participants with an understanding of the foundational elements needed for a successful lean transformation and practical experience identifying and executing the key activities of pre-launch and day zero activities.
The workshop will focus on preparing you to implement a solid foundation of a sustainable lean transformation, not just focus on terms, definitions, and theory without application!
Benefits: In this interactive workshop you will:
· Gain understanding of the core elements of the Lean IT Roadmap and how to apply it to your DevOps/agile/lean transformation
· Identify your organization’s current strengths, challenges, and readiness to begin a Lean IT transformation
· Learn to apply key concepts, methods, and tools critical to successful transformation
· Acquire the skills to plan and launch a lean transformation using a case study simulation
· Reflect on how you will apply these concepts and tools to get started on the right path or to check/adjust in your organization
Who should take this class? Agile, DevOps and Lean IT practitioners of all levels + those responsible for leading real change in IT
About Mike Orzen
Delight your customers, empower your team, and ensure clarity of communications with the practice of Obeya. In this Masterclass you will learn how routine visual management with your team can help meet deadlines and increase the quality of delivery.
Masterclass format: This interactive course blends theory, practical exercises and discussions led by two Obeya masters Edmond Nguyen and Pierre Jannez. Participants will get hands-on practice with Obeya after they learn about it.
Who should take this class? IT project managers, program directors, team leaders and IT team members.
Getting software released to users is often a painful, risky, and time-consuming process. The practice of continuous delivery sets out the principles and technical practices that enable rapid, low-risk delivery of high quality, valuable new functionality to users. Through automation of the build, deployment, and testing process, and improved collaboration between developers, testers and IT operations, teams can get changes released in a matter of hours—sometimes even minutes—no matter what the size of the product or the complexity of the enterprise environment.
Description: In this masterclass, Jez Humble will present an in-depth guide to the principles and practices behind continuous delivery and the DevOps movement, along with case studies from real companies and ideas to help you adopt continuous delivery and DevOps within your organization.
You’ll start by learning the value proposition and the foundations that enable continuous delivery, followed by an introduction to the pattern at the heart of continuous delivery–the deployment pipeline.
The training then dives into the key development practices of continuous integration and comprehensive test automation. These lessons cover change management, agile infrastructure management, managing databases, architecture, and the patterns that enable low-risk releases.
They conclude by discussing the culture and organizational change patterns of high performing companies.
After taking this training, you will understand not just the principles and practices that enable continuous delivery and devops, but also how they are implemented in high performing organizations. With this knowledge you’ll be ready to transform your organization’s software delivery capability to get high quality solutions to market fast, while reducing the risk of the release process.
About Jez Humble
Jez Humble is a lecturer at UC Berkeley and co-author of the Jolt Award winning Continuous Delivery, published in Martin Fowler’s Signature Series (Addison Wesley, 2010), and Lean Enterprise, in Eric Ries’ Lean series (O’Reilly, 2014). He has worked as a software developer, product manager, executive, consultant and trainer across a wide variety of domains and technologies. His focus is on helping organizations deliver valuable, high-quality software frequently and reliably through implementing effective engineering practices.
Learn How To:
– Reduce time-to-market for software products, and make releases painless, low-risk events.
– Increase the quality and stability of the software you delivery, while reducing cost of ongoing software development.
– Get fast feedback on the production readiness of your application by implementing continuous integration and creating a deployment pipeline.
– Automate the build, test and deployment processes, including automating database changes and infrastructure provisioning and evolution.
– Improve collaboration between people involved in delivering software (developers, testers, and systems administrators).
– Reduce the risk of deployments through effective release management, combined with release engineering techniques such as canary releasing, dark launching, blue-green deployments, and the expand/contract pattern.
– Manage continuous delivery with large and distributed teams.
– Architect your software and infrastructure to enable continuous delivery
– Adopt DevOps principles and practices
– Transform your organization’s culture and delivery process to enable continuous delivery.
Who Should Take This Course? Anyone involved in software delivery, from testers and developers to managers and systems administrators.
The nature of IT, and its relationship to the enterprise and its customers, is continuously changing. Technology leaders are now being asked to guide their organization through several disruptive transformations, all at once:
• Streamlining and digitizing existing processes,
• Creating new digitally-enabled business models, technology platforms, and innovative new products and services,
• Leveraging Big Data Analytics to gain new insights into customer experience and value.
All the while, leaders must cultivate technology vision, and develop basic technology capabilities in every individual, team, and manager, across the enterprise.
For decades, Lean principles and practices have improved value and performance across virtually every industry. They are the basis of Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and Agile-at-Scale. Now it’s time to focus Lean on the myriad challenges of digital transformation.
In this masterclass, Steve Bell and Karen Whitley Bell, drawing from research, case studies, and practice, will show IT and enterprise leaders and practitioners approaches to apply Lean principles and practices to utilize and improve Big Data value, and accelerate enterprise digital transformation, to:
• Better understand and engage customers
• Identify market trends and consumption patterns, and
• Improve enterprise performance for greater value
We’ll apply this learning through group discussions, hands-on A3 problem solving and other exercises applied to your enterprise’s current state.
In this Master Class you’ll learn how to:
• Apply Big Data to transform Lean practice
• Apply Lean practices to leverage Big Data capabilities
• Cost effectively begin a new, or expand a current, Big Data practice, scaled to your enterprise and budget
• Address the challenge of Big Data expert resource constraints, and increase Big Data capability and utilization throughout the enterprise
• Merge Lean Startup, Lean Operational Excellence, and Lean Product and Software Development practices into a continuous cycle of innovation and commercialization
• Adapt Lean Management System practices to a digital ecosystem
• Lead change in the enterprise to successfully adopt and leverage Big Data and Digitization capabilities throughout the enterprise
Masterclass takeaways will include initial drafts of A3 experiments to take back to your organization, to stimulate learning and experimentation.