Together with Agustin Tena Leon, Oriol Cuatrecasas will introduce the basics of Lean management through a role play. You will understand all the basic principles of Lean, see how it's a game changing. This is not an IT story but it will help you see and understand all the benefits of the Lean approach.
In this unique Learning Session, the 365 Café team will explain how they have applied Lean in a pure service environment. The Barcelona-based 365 Café is a chain of little cafés and bakeries with one production centre supporting all 78 of them. After applying Lean in the bread and pastry factory, team 365 quickly realized that it could apply the same approach to every shop.
Lean techniques have allowed the company to not only grow in a competitive market, but to beat the competition on service, quality, and price, applying such methods as pull systems, supermarket management, standardized work, A3s, and visual management of the entire supply chain. You will learn:
- How stock in shops and facilities was drastically reduced by 50 to 80%
- How productivity was increased without working more
- How leader standard work was implemented
- How visual management in the shop was established
- What the team has learned after one year into a formal hoshin process
- How the unique "zero space for waste" policy works in both facilities and shops Biography: Oriol Cuatrecasas, director at Instituto Lean (Barcelona), is an enthusiastic Lean practitioner. Trained in the automotive industry by Toyota sensei, currently combines his professional activity in the Spanish Lean Institute, lectures and research in the UPC University, educational workshops, co-learning activities with organizations, and research about Lean philosophy. Industrial Engineer by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), is part of the teaching staff in Master courses in Production, Lean Practitioner, Project Management and MBA programs. At the spanish Lean Institute, Oriol walk with the organizations in their path toward change, and has led many lean transformation projects.View LinkedIn profile